Monday, November 06, 2006

Let's get some more conservative knitters on here!

Tomorrow is the big day, and I encourage all of you to get out and vote! I'd also like to see this discussion continue, and in particular, I'd like to get some more conservative voices on this blog.

Now, I'm a die-hard liberal, so I love the Democratic slant of many of our current posts. However, I truly want this to be a bi-partisan effort and would love to add to our chorus of voices with some other party members (Republicans? Libertarians? Greens? Anyone?). Right now Ang seems to be our lone conservative voice, and I'm sure she'd love some company!

Get out there and vote, and e-mail me once you've done it! I'm already cooking up some prizes (blue yarn for the blue states, red yarn for the red states, black-and-white yarn for the education votes, green yarn for the environmental votes, beige for the independents - but I can't guarantee that you'll get yarn that agrees with your political affiliation!).

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna D said...

Sorry I have not had time to post or join in on the discussion much. I did vote. Big Ds all across the board, even though I am a member of the green party. Things are too close in CO to vote green, because in a large part I am voting against the Republican party which, from my viewpoint has been hijacked by radical extremists (I have nothing against traditional fiscal conservatives, but the people in power now are just crazy nuts and they are certainly not fiscally conservative). Anyway, there were no green candidates on the ballot here, so it was not an issue.

My biggest concern in Colorado is this nonsense about the proposed constitutional ammendment to define marriage as between a man and a woman. I don't want my state to have discrimination and bigotry built into the constitution. It may happen, though, that one is pretty close. Fortunately, it looks like another referendum to create civil unions so same-sex couples can have the same benefits as married hetero-couples will pass with flying colors.

It really irks me that people are so hung up on the word "marriage". Marriage is, after all, a legal and financial instution that provides security, especially for parents and the elderly. I really hate that so many of my friends are excluded from this institution because of ancient religious dogma that has no factual basis.

3:13 PM  
Blogger A. M. Warnke said...

I know there must be more out there (knitters and voter's). Perhaps they did not find this blog. ? . You are correct I am very conservitive. Most of the Republicans are far to libreral for me, but as close as what I believe as I can find to vote for.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home