Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My votes are cast!

I'm Lisa from Houston, and I love voting. I get excited about all elections, even minor ones. I'm another diehard liberal and typically describe myself as far more liberal than Democrats.

I just returned to my home town after living in many liberal cities for the past 17 years. Most recently, I was in Minneapolis. During mayoral elections, we had 2 Democrats running against each other. Now I live in the 4th largest city in the country, and there are no elected Democratic judges! This typifies why it is wrong to have judges with political affliations; judges get elected simply because of their party.

For the first time, I really didn't know who to support for governor. It's unusual for me not to have a strong opinion. But I couldn't get excited about any of the candidates. The Democrat seemed like a through-away: the party put up an uninspiring candidate because they know they couldn't win. Kinky drove me crazy--I lived in Minnesota when Jesse Ventura was elected, and Kinky is no Jesse. I understand the value of a protest vote, but I couldn't handle his complete lack of respect for the office.

I am extremely curious about the results tonight and will watch eagerly with my knitting and a (hopefully celebratory) drink.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Yay for voting and the Dem takeover. Come stop by my blog and consider joining my new KAL.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home