Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Common Ground

I'm Velma, and I was going to make this a comment to this post earlier, but as I was writing it, I realized I want to share it with a wider audience, so I'm posting it instead.

I agree w/ our hostess that a well-rounded discussion is best done with representatives from divergent viewpoints; multi-partisan if you will, not just bipartisan. However (isn't there always a 'however'?), I'd like to think that folks from any background can see that, as Pippi put it in her blog post today, "War is NOT a Family Value", and I would add that all of us come from/have families, however we define them individually. And I think we can all agree that we want our fighting folks to be safe and come home soon, and that we each want clean water and clean air, and that our kids and the kids of our neighbors need better access to quality education, etc., etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm as liberal as they come, and mirror what Ang said earlier, but from my own viewpoint (i.e., that the dems are too conservative for me, but it's what I've got until the Greens are a viable option). BUT, I'd like to cast my vote for remembering what we have in common, as well as our differences, today of all days. We still have to live with (and knit with and blog with) each other.

I'd love to hear what others think about this. Oh, and I voted already. Even rode my bike in the rain to do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home